Nutrition Education Program Coordinator
- Develop and conduct programs and lessons from the Conservancy’s high quality nutrition curriculum to school groups.
- Develop and conduct nutrition education workshops for teachers, parents, seniors and other targeted audiences.
- Evaluate all programs; maintain statistical records and program user evaluations.
- Conduct community outreach, recruitment and scheduling of nutrition education programs.
- Oversee the writing and dissemination of the Conservancy’s weekly nutrition/health e-communication.
- Assist in the supervision of high school interns, FoodCorps service members, and dietetic interns.
- Assist with the grant proposal process (compiling materials, writing program narrative, calculating budgets, securing letters of support).
- Create education materials, including Powerpoint presentations, recipe cards, brochures, handouts according to up-to-date nutrition information.
NYLP College Mentor
We are looking for dedicated and adventurous college or university students to serve as "College Mentors" in the Conservancy's Newark Youth Leadership Project. College Mentors work in one of four departments (education, youth farm stand, horticulture, and urban farming) and are employed for up to ten weeks from June to August 2021.
We are seeking students from a variety of majors; however, there must be a demonstrated interest in connecting your studies with supporting a strong, healthy social and physical environment. Appropriate majors include environmental science, biology, horticulture, nursing, public health, sociology, anthropology, and many more.
As a FoodCorps service member, you will lead hands-on lessons, influence healthy school meals, and build a schoolwide culture of health. Each year, FoodCorps, an AmeriCorps program, searches for its next round of leaders, including one working with Greater Newark Conservancy! The ideal candidate should believe that every child—no matter their race, place, or class—has a right to healthy food at school.
Visit the FoodCorps website for more information and to apply. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Contact Sarah O'Leary, Director of Family and Youth Education, for questions and to schedule a pre-interview: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC)
Jesuit Volunteers (JV) have served at Greater Newark Conservancy in various capacities including Youth Farmstand and Community Greening Coordinator. As a JV, you live simply in community with other JV's working locally. For more information on JVC and to apply please click here.