The work that we do would not be possible without the generosity of our donors. While we had to put some of our on-site programs temporarily on hold during the COVID-19 crisis, we are ramping up and offer a number of programs and activities at our Outdoor Learning Center, the Hawthorne Avenue Urban Farm, school partner gardens, as well as, virtually.
- Our in person opportunities include the monthly Second Saturday Family Adventures and Family Fun in the Kitchen (featuring local Chef Afi!)
- The Newark Youth Leadership Project is back during the summer with high school interns and college mentors working and learning alongside Conservancy staff.
- Our farmers continue to work at the Hawthorne Avenue Farm and are busy planting seeds to ensure a bountiful and healthy harvest that we can share with our local community.
- We have donated hundreds of seeds and seedlings to community organizations and gardeners throughout Newark.
- With enhanced safety protocol, we have opened our Plot It Fresh program to the community so they can plant crops in their raised garden beds.
- Our educators are sharing helpful, fun, and informative videos and lessons plans as resources for parents and educators.
Your tax-deductible gift helps us to continue operations during COVID-19 and leaves a lasting impact on New Jersey's urban communities.