Senior Vice President, Corporate External Affairs
Lou LaSalle came to Saint Barnabas Medical Center in April 1990 as Vice President for External Affairs and rapidly became the “the mayor.” Lou has been recognized by his colleagues as a community-minded professional who is able to gather the best resources to help foster a sense of community spirit and a purpose to improve the health and well-being of New Jersey residents.
- With indefatigable energy, this consummate volunteer is the go-to person for patients, families and the community. Fundraisers, golf tournaments, community health fairs, galas, the gift shop, government affairs, and development of corporate alliance all are part of his days’ work.
- In February 2013 Lou was named Senior Vice President for External Affairs for Barnabas Health and in 2015 named Senior Vice President for Corporate External Affairs. RWJBarnabas Health Executive.
- From 1950 to 1980, he worked at the Colonial Life Insurance Company of America in several financial and marketing capacities, culminating in the position of Vice President for Personnel and Administration. From 1980 to 1984, he served as Vice President, Community, Public and Governmental Affairs at Chubb LifeAmerica.
- Lou is a proud graduate of Rutgers University (BS in Accounting), Seton Hall University (MBA, in Finance) and (Certificate in International Finance).
- The organizations to which Lou continues to devote his time and interests are countless. In addition to his unprecedented 55 years serving the American Heart Association, Northern NJ Division, he chairs the Roseland, N.J., Planning Board; and is president of the Essex County Parks Foundation. He is a strategic member of the North Essex Chamber of Commerce and a member of numerous boards of local municipalities. He chaired the Essex County “Save Turtle Back Zoo” Committee and served for many years, as a member of the Board of Directors of the American Red Cross, North Jersey Division.
- Among the many honors awarded to Mr. LaSalle, some of the most recent are: The American Heart Association, 2016 “Lifetime Achievement Award”, The North Essex Chamber of Commerce 2017 “Outstanding Community Leader Award”, The 2017 Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin’s Annual C.Y.O Business and Labor Recognition Reception as the “Business Honoree”, the New Jersey Business and Industry 2017 First Annual “Icon Honor Celebrating Leaders over age 60”, and The City of East Orange’s 2018 “Hall of Fame”